IP & TECHNOLOGY
TRADEMARKS & COPYRIGHTS
We provide forward-thinking legal advice to clients during the development, protection, and exploitation of their copyrights, trademarks and trade secrets in the United States and abroad.
MLG advises clients with the selection, clearance, development and registration of trademarks before the United States Patent and Trademark Office. MLG also has an extensive copyright practice helping our clients with copyright related matters and securing federal copyright protection before the United States Copyright Office.
Our lawyers have experience handling high-profile matters involving copyright and trademark disputes and in the enforcement and prosecution of intellectual property rights in the United States are around the world. MLG lawyers have represented clients in numerous proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, in federal courts around the country, in arbitration proceedings and in UDRP proceedings for domain name disputes.
While our firm does not handle patent prosecution, we have an extensive network of attorneys and firms who handle patent filings, allowing us to provide our clients with complete coverage for all intellectual property matters.
Our IP & Technology practice focuses on protecting and leveraging our client’s creations and inventions to ensure future success and growth.
STARTUPS & TECH COMPANIES
Our firm has extensive experience with digital media and technology clients, ranging from startups to established companies.
MLG advises startups and established technology companies in all stages of development from inception to acquisition. We pride ourselves in being savvy technologists enabling us to develop an in-depth familiarity with our client’s business, product offering, culture and legal needs. We act as startup consultants and often become an integral part of our client’s management team by providing outside general counsel services to these entities. Our lawyers excel at navigating a wide range of complex software and technology matters, providing services for technology platforms and solutions of every scale and scope. Some of these services include:
- Strategic planning and legal support in structuring and forming corporations, limited liability companies and other entities
- Structuring of equity ownership including vesting issues
- Drafting restricted stock purchase agreements, shareholder agreements, operating agreements, bylaws, and other founding documents
- Drafting employments, consulting agreements and advisor agreements
- Drafting stock option plans and related documentation
- Drafting commercial contracts, including services agreements, partnering agreements, vendor/ supplier agreements and reseller agreements
- Funding including convertible notes, SAFE notes, angel investments, series seed rounds and series A-Z funding
- Governance and compliance, including board of director matters, and director and shareholder resolutions and voting agreements