BUSINESS & CORPORATE
WE MIND YOUR BUSINESS
Our corporate practice is able to provide consistent, high quality legal advice in complex transactions to assure that our clients’ objectives are achieved.
We can act as strategic advisers to assist our clients in the development and operation of their businesses, in all stages from conception to dissolution.
We act as strategic advisers to assist our clients in all stages of their businesses, from conception to dissolution.
Our attorneys have extensive experience in the areas of acquisitions and investments, raising public or private financing, securing and collateralizing assets, advising and creating business structures (LLCs, Corps, LPs, Non-profits), creating, negotiating and reviewing complex business contracts, drafting and filing security agreements, and pursuing other business or financial goals. We represent small to middle-market companies, startups, entrepreneurs and creatives in all areas of corporate and transactional work, including:
- Providing outside general counsel services
- Assisting with business formation and structuring
- Negotiating and servicing joint ventures
- Sales of goods and services, manufacturing, distribution, sales agency and licensing
- Drafting and/or reviewing commercial contracts, sales agreements, vendor agreements and master service agreements
- Corporate compliance, SEC, FTC and data security and privacy
We provide clients with insight and strategic advice on how to source, structure, negotiate, document and execute a wide range of commercial transactions, including real estate transactions. We also can advise clients engaged in international trade on how to comply with the expanding reach of US extraterritorial laws and avoid potential sanctions by implementing safeguards and conducting due diligence. Some of these services include:
- Strategic planning in structuring and forming corporations, limited liability companies and other entities
- Structuring of equity ownership including company vesting issues
- Strategic planning to prepare and market a company for merger or sale
- Strategic planning on growing and funding companies
- Structuring data/privacy compliance and trade sanctions vetting programs
Our attorneys provide expert advice to clients of all sizes on employment and labor matters, advising and drafting policies and agreements for talent acquisition and development, benefits, termination, and compliance.
M&A and Investments
MLG advises on structuring, negotiating, and closing transactions for buyers and sellers. We represent clients in private M&A transactions, and have handled a full spectrum of acquisitions and dispositions, including stock and asset purchases, venture capital investments, private equity deals, management buyouts, mergers and restructurings. Some of these services include:
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Joint ventures, strategic alliances & commercial distribution
- Asset purchases and sales
- Equity and debt financings
- Seed & later stage funding
- Business restructuring
- Private placement memos & subscription agreements for new ventures
- Formation and registration of investment vehicles and holding structures