Peter C. Dee
Peter Dee is active in most of the firm's practice areas, with a concentration in commercial litigation and arbitration. Peter represents clients ranging from large international trading organizations to local businesses and individuals in both state and federal courts at the trial and appellate levels.
Examples of Peter's experience, representative matters and clients include the following:
• All aspects of maritime litigation, including cargo damage, charter party disputes, and casualties;
• Insurance litigation, including subrogation and wrongful denial of coverage;
• Employment litigation, including claims involving discrimination, wrongful termination, and non-compete and non-solicit agreements;
• Condominium litigaiton, including representation of a group of over fifty purchasers of luxury condominium units asserting claims for construction defects;
• Intellectual property disputes on behalf of creators against major corporations;
• Family members injured by civil rights violations in relation to wrongful imprisonment of over twenty years;
• Film production companies for property damage and business disputes;
• Partnership disputes involving allegations of breaches of fiduciary duties;
• Major contract disputes between parties of service and supply agreements;
• Judgment enforcment and pre and post judgment provisional remedies;
• Commercial and residential lease disputes; and
• Over forty former students against a flight school, a major airline and banks for claims involving fraud and breach of contract.
Peter also works with the firm’s business clients on a range of transactional matters.
Prior to joining M&D, he worked for a boutique international and maritime law firm, where he concentrated on commercial and maritime litigation, arbitration, and appellate practice.
Peter graduated from Michigan State University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Supply Chain Management, with Honors, and received his Juris Doctorate degree from Tulane Law School with a focus on Admiralty and Maritime Law. While in law school, he was a managing editor of the Tulane Maritime Law Journal.
Mr. Dee is conversant in Spanish.
Memberships: Maritime Law Association of the United States, New York City Bar Association
Admissions: New York State, United States District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, Second Circuit Federal Court of Appeal, New Jersey, United States District Court for the District of New Jersey